In order to reserve the date and time for your selected trip, you will be required to pay a 20% deposit. Or, if you prefer, you may pay the full fee upon booking. Your deposit is the price to hold this day for you and your group. Over 90% of our trips take place as scheduled and your deposit is applied towards your charter fee prior to the trip, Before departing the dock, you pay only the balance reflected by the charter fee less your deposit. You may cancel and receive a deposit refund up to 45 days before your trip. If you are less than 45 days from the date of your trip, you may send us a written request to cancel. Upon receipt of that written request, we will open your date for bookings and if we can book a trip of equal value, we will refund your deposit. If we do not book another trip, you will forfeit your deposit.
If Texas Deep Sea Fishing Charters cancels your trip for any reason including but not limited to: 1. Weather, 2. Mechanical failures, or 3. Captain not available; we will immediately refund your full deposit (including any up-charge for payments other than cash) or at your option, reschedule your trip to another date.
Weather Cancellation Considerations: Unless otherwise discussed and agreed, all weather conditions and forecast shall be based upon the most recent hourly forecast at windy.com. The National Weather Service Marine Forecast FZUS54 KHGX will also be a consideration.
Sea Heights: If the forecast calls for an average sea height of over 4 ft (a forecast of 3 – 4 FT or even 3 – 5 ft would be a go while a forecast of 4 – 5 ft would be borderline and we would recommend cancelling), we will recommend that you cancel for weather, with a refund, or reschedule applying your paid deposit or fee to a new date for your trip. We find that most groups have trouble with seas over 4 ft. However, we realize the challenges you face when scheduling a trip and if you prefer to run your trip in seas over 4 ft, if at all possible, we will accommodate. As an option, if it is probable that the sea heights will not be over 4 feet (although forecast to be), we can check the weather a couple hours before our planned departure and make a better educated call towards sea heights. Other options will be discussed when you call to checkin the evening prior to your trip.
Thunderstorms: When thunderstorms are forecast we will consider: 1. The probability of thunderstorms in our fishing area, the trip planned (distance from safe harbor) and the forecast sea heights in determining our recommendation regarding go or cancel/reschedule. And again, if we recommend a cancel/reschedule, we will try to accommodate if you want to fish.